The critically acclaimed FX series The Bear Season 2, and it’s bringing even more star power with it. In addition to returning cast members Jeremy Allen White, Ayo Edebiri, and Ebon Moss-Bachrach, the new season will feature guest appearances from some of the biggest names in Hollywood.
One of the most notable guest stars is comedian and actor Bill Burr. Burr will play a food critic who comes to Chicago to review The Beef, the restaurant that Carmy Berzatto (White) is trying to keep afloat. Other guest stars include Stephanie Hsu (Everything Everywhere All at Once), Olivia Wilde (Booksmart), and Jake Picking (Hollywood).
The Bear’s creator, Christopher Storer, says that he wanted to bring in some big names for season 2 to help elevate the show. “We wanted to make sure that the show felt like it was on a bigger scale this season,” Storer said. “And having these amazing actors come in and play these great roles has really helped us achieve that.”
In addition to the guest stars, The Bear’s second season will also see the introduction of some new recurring characters. These include Lionel Boyce as Sydney, a young cook who is eager to learn from Carmy; and Edwin Lee Jackson as Marcus, the owner of a rival restaurant.
The Bear Season 2 is set to premiere on Hulu on June 23, 2023. Fans of the show can expect even more laughs, drama, and heart in the new season.
Here is a brief description of each guest star’s role:
- Bill Burr: Burr plays a food critic who comes to Chicago to review The Beef. He is a tough critic, but he is also fair and honest.
- Stephanie Hsu: Hsu plays a new cook who is eager to learn from Carmy. She is talented and passionate, and she quickly becomes a valuable member of the team.
- Olivia Wilde: Wilde plays a wealthy businesswoman who is interested in investing in The Beef. She is a savvy businesswoman, and she sees the potential in The Beef.
- Jake Picking: Picking plays a rival chef who is determined to take down The Beef. He is ruthless and ambitious, and he will stop at nothing to achieve his goals.
- Lionel Boyce: Boyce plays Sydney, a young cook who is eager to learn from Carmy. He is talented and has a lot of potential, but he is also naive and inexperienced.
- Edwin Lee Jackson: Jackson plays Marcus, the owner of a rival restaurant. He is a tough competitor, and he is not afraid to play dirty.
The Bear Season 2 is sure to be a hit with fans of the show. With even more star power and new characters, the new season is sure to be even more hilarious, dramatic, and heartwarming than the first.