Drake, the Canadian rapper and singer, announced on Friday that he will be taking a break from music for “maybe a year or so” to address stomach problems he has suffered for years.
The announcement came hours before the release of his latest album, “Certified Lover Boy.” On his radio show, “Table for One,” Drake said that he had been putting off dealing with his health issues for too long, and that it was time to take a step back and focus on getting better.
“I’ve been dealing with some stomach problems for a few years now,” he said. “I’ve been putting it off, but I can’t put it off anymore. I need to take some time to figure out what’s going on and get myself right.”
Drake did not go into detail about his specific health problems, but he said that they had been causing him a lot of pain and discomfort. He also said that they had been affecting his ability to perform and tour.
“I’m not sure how long I’ll be gone,” he said. “But I promise I’ll be back. In the meantime, I want to thank all of my fans for their support. I love you all.”
Drake’s announcement comes at a time when he is at the peak of his career. He is one of the most popular and successful artists in the world, and his latest album is expected to be a commercial success. However, he has also been under a lot of pressure in recent years, and he has spoken openly about his struggles with anxiety and depression.
Drake’s decision to take a break from music is a reminder that even the most successful people need to take care of their health. It is also a reminder that it is important to listen to your body and take a step back when you need to.